Finally! The first Warhammer 40000 movie is upon us!
I've already pre-ordered my copy, and eagerly awaits November 29.
My analysis upon seeing the trailers and reading about it:
I like the actors submitting their voices to the characters. It is refreshing that it's not just the same Hollywood-actors which do the voice-overs between other jobs for extra income.
The plot is written by Dan Abnett, one of my favourite Black Library authors, so it should be good.
The animation seems to have seen a lot of love. Whether it works on DVD will remain to be seen.
I fear a bit of "cheesiness" about the Ultramarines. Stuff like "they are the only line of defence..." in the trailer seem to not take into account the billions of guardsmen who lay down their lives in prolonged sieges so that the glory boys can come and break the stalemate and take all the credit. That said I understand the reason for choosing the chapter(s) which most existing or ex-gamers might know about, not to mention has extensive background lore from several decades of writing. Thus I understand using Ultramarines and Imperial Fists. The antagonists I'm not sure about, but they might be vanilla Black Legion, which is another "safe choice" in my book.
I wish to see fluent action and motion capture, rich enviroment and iconic/epic/titanic struggles from our post-human demigods.
That being said I would prefer to see a story made about Gaunt's Ghosts or Eisenhorn, but I guess you can't have everything, at least not right away. And my reasoning is that if this movie does bad at the marked, it is a longer time before we see any sequels or other 40K films.
Thus my copy is soon in the mail! May we see many more films in the years to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment