Well, at least which I have pictures of...
Mind you, the following are old stuff several years old, but I felt I had to put up something at least vaguely model-based since it's supposed to be a modelling blog first and foremost...
So please be gentle with the criticism, since it's not my best work and it's also not the best pictures to give a bit of credit to a sloppy job.
Well, nuff verbal self-flagellation before the actual pictures... Here goes nothing...
A miniature model of my Damage Inc. (Online Roleplaying Forum) Deathwatch Veteran - Orz Nemoi of the Raven Guard Chapter.
Finished on a 2nd place in the forum painting competition with this one
(which would have been great if there weren't one winner and the remaining five entries got on a split second place :-<)
I feel I have to explain a bit about him though: As you can see from the two "I use a dot of Chaos Black to represent service studs" he's a veteran, and the jump pack and lightning claws mark him as an assault marine. I forget all the fluff about him, but he has a discrete "rotting flesh" stripe across his eyes where he's been wounded by tyranid bio-acid, which results in the discrete bionics I've sculpted.
I'm happy with two things mainly on the model, and that is the freehand Raven Guard Icon on the shoulderpad and the paint finish of his skin.
Mahr'Duk is my present Demon Prince of Nurgle for my Death Guard Army. He will get a successor one day, but for now he's the head honcho. I gave him the nick-name because in the fluff I wrote for him, he was responsible for the death of an Eldar Phoenix Lord. Naturally they sprout back, so no big deal in that regard, but it gives him a bit of "street-cred" and he had the stats to pull it off with a little bit of luck...
Viewing this model now several years later there are many things I would've done differently, but he was rushed to enter into a tournament, so no biggy in that regard. I would've felt worse if this was the result of weeks of hard labour.
The things I like about him are his left knee (I like the "old bone" texture I achieved and the glowing green eyes (not well shown in the picture).
I have actually gotten a lot of praise for the big worm in his abdomen (I jokingly called him Benny and he was my "nurgling infestation") which was a very easy conversion where I cut the two horns of a CSM head and greenstuffed them in place so they seemed to be extensions of each other. Since I planned on giving him a bloated gut in the first place it was just to stick em in there.
I used the Axe from an old Minotaur model since the scales was the same and I wanted something other than the standard deamon sword.
The wings and the wannabe-unicorn-horn are from the Zacharias the Everliving model which my local game store was kind enough to give me, since they got two by mistake and GW told them to keep the spare since it was their screw up, so I got it for free! Thanks again, Tom! :-)
..............................................................................................................................
So there we have it, my first and only to this date model pictures... Hope you like them...


No comments:
Post a Comment